Thursday 18 October 2012

The Big Boy

I watched The Big Boy by Lee Kyu-tae the other day.

There are a few things about it that I was hoping to have something like in my film.


There are moments in the film like this aerial shot of the town, for example, that are brilliantly restrained and analytical (my new favourite description and a word that I am using in the development of my film). 



These two frames show how varied detail is used depending on how close the characters are in shot. In fact they're pretty much completely different design styles. I think that this is sort of possible because there aren't really specific characters other than the Big Boy himself: there are just townspeople. In my film the character design will remain more consistent, it'll just be the levels of detail and how they are drawn that change. (maybe).


And this frame shows a splitting of the shot into panels (like I discussed in the earlier Paul Driessen post this is something that I'd like to explore: a nod to narrative illustration). It's done quite delicately here which is nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment